Sunday 12 June 2011

Pizza Caponata


This is one of my favourite pizza toppings. I missed the tinned caponata from Malta so I got my parents to send me some. As soon as it arrived I put Pizza Caponata on the menu :) As for all pizza toppings use as much or little ingredients as you want. I was introduced to this pizza topping when I used to work at Ir-Rokna Restaurant & Pizzeria which in my honest opinion does the best pizzas on the island using the traditional wood burning stone oven. Well, this is my Pizza Caponata. If you are doing your own dough just click here and follow the making the pizza dough steps...any problems feel free to let us know :)) So this is what I put on my Pizza Caponata...
  • Tomato sauce (not too much)
  • Grated mozzarella
  • Tuna chunks
  • Hard boiled eggs
  • Caponata
  • Anchovies
  • Green or black olives
  • Dried oregano
How to...
  1. Just spread a little tomato sauce, then the caponata followed by the anchovies, tuna, olives and eggs.
  2. Sprinkle the grated mozzarella cheese and oregano.
  3. Bake in a hot oven for about 15-20 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Enjoy!!
R&A

No comments:

Post a Comment