Sunday 9 June 2013

BBQ T-Bone Steak with Potatoes & Cherry Tomatoes

BBQ season is upon us! In my honest opinion nothing beats a good cut of beef on the BBQ. T-Bone steak is  my favourite cut because being on the bone, leaves it so succulent and it basically it's a combination of beef fillet and sirloin steak. When I cook it, I usually do not serve a lot with it a lot of stuff but this time I decided to marinate it and accompany it with a quick potato & cherry tomato 'stir-fry'. We used a good quality BBQ sauce to marinade the steak in, which gave it its smoky caramelised taste. SO if you feel like something different on your BBQ, give this a go! :) For 2 people you will need...


  • 2 T-Bone steaks, about 500g each
  • Good quality BBQ sauce or marinade


For the stir-fry


  • 1 large potato, diced and parboiled
  • A handful of cherry tomatoes
  • 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
  • 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • Salt & pepper
  • 2 Tbsp vegetable oil


Method


  1. Marinate the steak the day before and leave it in the fridge. The longer the marination time the better the taste.
  2. Prepare the stir-fry. In a wok or a deep frying pan, heat the oil and add the potato, cherry tomatoes, thyme and salt & pepper to taste. Stir fry for a couple of minutes and lower the heat. Add the BBQ sauce and toss to coat the veg. Mix well and cook for another couple of minutes.
  3. You can serve this stir-fry hot or cold.
  4. Before cooking the steak, get the steak out of the fridge and leave to rest, it is important that before cooking the steak gets to get to room temperature so it cooks evenly! Fire up the BBQ or grill pan if you like and oh high heat, cook the steak to your liking. If you have a meat thermometer, rare meat is cooked at about 48°C, medium rare is cooked at about 51°C and medium at about 54°C. I strongly suggest you do not cook the cut of meat well done as it will dry it out. When done cooking let the steak to rest for 5-10 minutes.
  5. Serve with the hot or cold stir fry!!



Enjoy!!
R&A

1 comment:

  1. I'm really impressed for the recipe given in your article and I found it is so interesting. I want to try this one and I'm sure my husband will love this very much because he really loved spicy food. I wish you would post also a stir fry sauce recipe. Thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete