Tuesday 12 November 2013

Chilli Beans, Corn & Chilli Wraps

I had a couple of these wraps for lunch this week. I always vary my lunch and I very rarely have the same lunch twice. Usually I come up with something in the morning, considering I am an early bird and always wake up before my alarm clock. I go through my pantry, fridge and food cupboards and see what I can come up with. I must say I do love my spicy food and this recipe is quite hot so if you want a milder version just omit the fresh chilli pepper. I used canned chilli beans which I really love as they are delicious and a good spicy alternative to baked beans. I also like to take everything at work with me and freshly prepare them at the start of lunchtime but you can always pre-prepare them at home. It's a great idea and do not be scared of using tinned chilli beans as they are not that hot :) For 4 wraps you will need...

  • 290g can Chilli Beans 
  • 1/2 can of sweet corn
  • 1 fresh red chilli, sliced
  • Watercress (or other salad)
  • Sour cream or Hummus if vegan
  • Wheat Tortillas

  1. Mix the beans and corn in a microwavable bowl and heat for about 2 minutes. 
  2. Warm each tortilla for about 40 seconds each, sprinkle some watercress, add two or three tablespoons of the bean & corn mixture, add some red chilli slices, a couple of dollops of sour cream, wrap up and eat. Easy!! :)



Enjoy!!
R&A

No comments:

Post a Comment