Saturday 14 March 2015

No Bake Chocolate & Biscuit Layered Cake



I was introduced to this delicious cake by my mother-in-law. Sometimes, she used to make this for us when we used to go visit her. I love it and always asked for seconds!! Lately I was craving for it as I haven't had it for years so I asked my mother-in-law for the recipe. I decided I would like to share it with you on our blog. It is very quick and easy to prepare. I used Morning Coffee biscuits but I believe Rich Tea biscuits would work too. Also my mother-in-law used to use tinned Nestle Cream but I could not find it here in England so I used extra thick double cream. Give it a go and am quite sure your family and friends would love it. For a 21cm/8 inches square cake you will need...
  • 2 packets Morning Coffee biscuits
  • 150g cooking milk chocolate 
  • 150g unsalted butter, diced
  • 250ml instant coffee (at room temperature)
  • 300ml Extra thick double cream
  • Unsweetened cocoa powder, to decorate
How to...

  1. Start by melting the chocolate and butter at bain marie or on a double boiler. I used a pyrex bowl on a pan of boiling water and heat stirring gently on a low heat until both chocolate and butter have melted. See photos. Set aside to cool a bit.


  2. Now layer the biscuits evenly until you cover the bottom of the dish and moisten the biscuits sparingly with the coffee.
  3. Now pour some of the chocolate/butter mixture and make sure it covers the biscuits.Put another layer of biscuits and sprinkle with the coffee once again. 
  4. Now spread a layer of cream (about a third of the cream) and keep repeating Step 3 until you use all the biscuits and chocolate mixture. 
  5. Now to finish, spread the remainder of the cream evenly on top and sprinkle with the cocoa powder.
  6. Put in the fridge for a couple of hours at least to set. 
  7. Cut into portions and serve!
Enjoy!!
R&A


No comments:

Post a Comment